Tuesday, May 14, 2024

SENIORS MATCH AWAY AGAINST STOKE ROCHFORD 13th May 2024 RESULT L 5 - 3

Well, I think a 5-3 loss is a respectable result at Stoke, it's a great course in good condition, the greens are fast and hard to read; it definitely gives the home team an advantage to be putting on them. Hopefully when SR come to Burghley on 28th June we can reverse the result, and more. Tim and I were never ahead, to be 3 down with 4 to play. We managed a few three-putts on the early holes and suffered a chipping-in from an impossible spot, an unlikely sandy par and a generally deadly short game from 82-year-old John M. But we sparkled on the last four holes to secure a half.

The beef and pork carvery was good value at £17. For BP Mike Earl won NTP on the 12th, and Darren Knight was NTP for Stoke Rochford.

Honorable mention in dispatches for our Vice-Captain Paul, who kindly volunteered to stand down when I had summoned an un-needed reserve (David C) at short notice. I am still investigating who tried to send a text to my landline this morning, which got turned into a garbled voice message by a robot and led me to believe someone had cried off at the last minute this morning due to a crisis. All very strange. I hope everyone turns up for Greetham Valley at BP on Thursday.

Pip

No comments:

Post a Comment